This in-depth workshop will cover both the theory and practice of Appreciative Inquiry.
Special attention will be given to the power of positive questions; the simultaneity of inquiry and change; the function of narrative and metaphor in human systems transformation; how to deal with spiralling vocabularies of human deficit, how to create alignment across functional, generational, cultural and technical boundaries; and how to build global organising capacity to meet the challenges of the next millennium.
In addition to becoming familiar with tools for applying AI in organisations and other human systems, workshop participants will:
- Receive support in actually practising appreciative topic identification, question construction, interviewing skills, grounded visioning, translating the vision into innovative processes, practices, roles and structures and implementing for sustainability
- Work through case examples of actual Appreciative Inquiry consulting projects that are brought by other participants
- Become familiar with the multi-disciplinary principles, research and theory base of AI
- Develop their ability to apply the AI framework to a variety of interventions such as: Strategic Planning, Internal Auditing, Organisational Redesign, Mergers, Teambuilding, Programme Formulation and Evaluation, and Diversity.
- Learn how to introduce this strikingly different approach in ways congruent with AI philosophy.
Find out more about our latest Foundations Workshop